Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weeding is the worst!

Since yesterdays post was quite short and sweet, I thought that maybe today I would enlighten the world on why weeding is the worst. I actually don't mind weeding. It's the spiders and other such creatures that get to me. Latley, I have been feeling much better (Thanks to Dr. Young!) and so I've been doing A LOT of weeding this past week. Yesterday was no exception. I got my gear on (gloves, hat, sunglasses) and set out to weed by my humongus driveway. But it wasn't until about 2 hours later that I realized why this is a bad pasttime...TICKS! Yes, you heard me right....TICKS! I can hardly spell the word without chills running down my spine!!!! I got in the shower last night and BAM....found a tick on the back of my shoulder...EW EW EW EW EW EW EW....luckily Dr. Rick was home (that's my hubs, he's not really a dr. but he might as well be) so he could pry the blood sucker off my flesh. Of all the years living in Utah and comming across these beastly insects, I have NEVER actually had one in my skin! EW EW EW EW EW! I am still totally grossed out by the idea. I may never weed again. There are also snakes and black widow spiders at my house.......I need to move!

6 comments:

  1. EW EW EW EW EW is right!!! bah. seriously. i just did a big ol mega-shiver. EEEWWWW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is why I prefer to kill my bugs and weeds with spray. May not be as effective but its better than dealing with the bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the problem with California too! TICKS. When we went hiking in May, I kept on thinking "I am going to get a tick" Thankfully I didn't. And the snakes thing? I am still wondering why they were ever created. We need to move to England or Hawaii. Luckily, I have not seen a single spider here in CA in our apartment. It makes up for last year and our black widow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gross, Gross, GROSS!
    That's why I don't weed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. UM- That is no reason to move.....gross, YES, but no reason to move :)

    ReplyDelete