Saturday, March 3, 2012

James' violin debut

          I swore after Thomas started violin lessons that we were done!  I concluded that James would be perfectly fine learning the piano, after all, we need a pianist in the house and the violin is very difficult to learn (mostly mom is tired!).  But after he discovered our smallest violin and declared, "MINE VIOLIN MOMMY," and "MINE TURN PRACTICE MOMMY!" how can mommy say NO???  He packs that thing around with him all day long in its case, and when the older kids get home from school and start practicing their instruments, he breaks it out with a mischievous smile on his wee little face.  At 2 1/2 years old, he is a very diligent practicer....sure is sounds a lot like wild pack of screeching monkeys has invaded my living room, but the sound will come with time....a lot of time.....(heaven help me!)

How can I say "No" to that face??  Tell me.

Clarissa was in the background giving him some sound violin advice.  Mostly statements like, "James, don't bash the violin into the china hutch," and "James, stop spitting on the violin buddy!"

Serious cuteness!

His form is a little rough, but he gets the general idea!



5 comments:

  1. I love it! You really can't say no to a face like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, you can't say no to that face. He is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom was always very happy I chose the cello...even though she asked me multiple times if i was sure i didn't want to play something smaller. like the violin.

    ReplyDelete