Monday, March 8, 2010

March 8th....where does the time go?

So, I was thinking to myself yesterday, "Self, your 4th child is almost 8 months old! What do you think about that?" and I replied to myself, "Holy crap! How did this happen?" Yes my baby is really growing despite my protests. He also decided it was a good idea to start sucking his thumb at 7 months old...who does that? I mean really James, what are you trying to do to me? Thomas at 4 and 1/2 is still a full-time thumb sucker....I thought I was free and clear with the baby!?! WHATEVER!

So this week was super busy. Clarissa competed in her 3rd violin competition...forgot my camera! She was great! Her accompanist was amazed by her flying fingers! She also made my mother cry....it wasn't a bad cry....grandma was just so darn proud. So Clarissa is LOVING her new school, Heritage Foundation School. She started there in December, so she has only been there 3 months, but the difference it totally amazing!! I just want to remember some of the things she has been learning...not to brag...just for documents sake.
1. Greek mythology...she LOVES this...they read the Odyssey together too
2. Helen Keller
3. Multiplication and division, time, money, adding and subtracting in the thousands, many story problems
4. Yoga
5. Art....Vincent Van Gogh
6. Alexander the Great
7. 70 Rules to the English Language
8. Wrote an opera with her class that they are going to perform in April
9. Music class...they actually learn all about the many composers and music theory. She gets to play her violin all the time at school!
10. Studying the Old Testament this year
11. Reading her 2 new favorite books, The Little House in the Big Woods, and Sarah, Plain and Tall.
12. Science Fair...she did an experiment on Why and how Soap Works. Everyone enjoyed her experiment. You take warm whole milk...and a few drops of 4 different colors of food coloring...take a q-tip with dish soap on one end....place it in the milk and watch the colors MOVE! Very cool!
13. Took a field trip to see the last Rocker Booster at Thiokol
14. Roman history & Roman numerals
15. Memorizing the Declaration of Independence

That's all I can think of now. She goes to a little private school down the road from our house. I'm not sure how we are going to pay for it next year...but I will do whatever it takes to keep her there (might be working weekends at the maverick..or something!) Hopefully Sam can go there too. They give out scholarships and they have a little private funding, so maybe it will work out.

No School for Sam today...him and Thomas are conducting various science experiments in the backyard. I better go make sure they don't light the house on fire!

3 comments: