Monday, February 15, 2010

Sammy's Suzuki

This first picture has nothing to do with the post...it just makes me laugh!! ha ha
Sam warming up!
~Silly Sam Smile!~
Another silly Sam smile!



Serious Sam getting ready to play...he promptly made his program into an airplane...so much for keeping it forever!!


For the past 3 years, our home has been filled with the melodious screechings of our Clarissa on her violin. Since that has gone over so well, I decided that Sam should take up the cello...it's screeching on much lower notes...nicer to the ears. Anyway, on Saturday, Sam graduated from his Twinkes, French Folk Song, and, Allegro. (Twinkles consists of learning 6 different rhythem variations to the song Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.)

I just want to say that Sam ROCKED on his Cello (litteraly rocked his stool so hard on stage I thought he was going to tip over and send the other 30 kids that were playing with him flying! We had a talk about that after!). I'm am so so so so so proud of him. Both of us have worked so hard the past year....I feel like I'm a twinkle graduate my self. Now, its time to finish book one! At this rate he might catch up to his sister before long! GO SAM GO!

Seriously though..I can't believe that my kids are actually playing these instruments. We practice very hard all week. Some days I wonder what the heck I'm doing this for, and then other days, I realize that my kids are really doing well and enjoying the world of music.






1 comment: