Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine...or not to Valentine...hmmm?

So Valentines Days is upon us. What does this mean? I'll tell you what it means in our house. It mean another holiday of sugar-hyped kids yelling at me, "MOM, can I eat the 5 lds of chocolate and candy that I got at school today? Please, please, please mom? What did YOU get me mom? Do we have more candy mom?" In which I reply," No, I do not have anymore candy children, but just wait another week, then the stores will have all of their Easter candy out so we can go through this madness all over again." I think I am going to start celebrating holidays with our favorite meats. Like the fourth of July Salisbury Steak, and the Easter Black Forest Ham. But I think my personal fav would be the St. Patrick's Day Cornish Game Hen....just an idea.

Valentines also marks "Rickers least favorite holiday". In Feb. we are still comming off the craziness of Christmas, then in Jan. it's my birthday. and by Feb. poor ricker just doesn't have anymore to give....who can blame him?

So instead of celebrating with the traditional traditions of Valentines Day...I'm going to honor it by cooking up a big crock pot of Sweet Pork...HAPPY SWEET PORK DAY RICK!!! I think it will go over well with everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I'll be over........what time is dinner?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Sweet pork is a brilliant Valentines day treat! I think I will start that as a tradition at my house too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an excellent idea! Totally like it! Nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds yummy!! Pass on the recipe. We, too, do not do much for this day, with Nicks birthday on the 9th and our anniversary on the 10th, we just take it as another day... this year for dinner though, chicken cordon bleu, with small conversation heart cakes for dessert. happy "call like you see it" day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Home cooking is often better than going out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I hear you! Since when did Valentine's day become another Halloween? Where did all the candy come from??? Adam and I are staying home and cooking steak and potatoes while a friend watches the kids. Definitely better to just stay in than go out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job everyone! Sounds like I'm not the only one who is leaning towards meat instead of candy! kudos to you!!

    ReplyDelete