Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I lost my chickens :(

If your wondering at all why I haven't written anything for a while...it's because....becasue...I can hardly say it...I lost 4 chickens quite recently to a wild beastly animal (of what kind, I know not)! I am mourning the loss, because these chickens not only made eggs for my breakfast...they always liked to cheer me up on a bad day by playing a mean game of "bagel rugby" ( just imagine a game of rugby, only with chickens...and bagels....you get the picture)! This all happened while Rick was away on business....so it was up to me to suck it up and take care of the "mess". Then to top it all off....my mouse traps in the house caught 2 mice yesterday....of which I debated calling my neighbor to dispose of. But I persevered once again, put on my hair-coloring gloves and went to town unloading the mouse traps....I am growing up!!! (wipe a tear). So needless to say, my life has been full this past couple of weeks....full in a way I NEVER want to repeat again. So there you have it....hopefully the spring brings less snow, and much less of whatever killed my chickens...thank you.

6 comments:

  1. So sad to hear about the chickens. I want chickens, but we live just inside the city lines so we are unable to have them. As for the mice, we had an "issue" and usually Nick would check the trap before work, well, this time he didn't. The one time we actually caught the sucker, I had to dispose of it. I was prepared with gloves, my shower cap on, all the doors to the exits opened and ready and away I went. I think I bragged about that for months. But again, sorry to hear about the chickens......

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT?!?! YOU HAVE A BLOG?!?!?! i love it! How are you?!? Btw, your children are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen Ella!!! I haven't heard from you in like FOREVER! I am doing alright....I'm just comming off a two week bout of no husband, but other than extreme exhaustion, I'm surviving! We neen to get together soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. palfreymanfamily@digis.net
    Next time I'm in Orem, you WILL be informed!

    ReplyDelete